Thursday 9 May 2013

a bedtime story for you

Read this if you want to fall asleep...

So when I was 15, I returned to New Zealand after living in Samoa a few years. You know that one school with the bad reputation that has all the stoner kids and 'goth' kids... well my parents enrolled me and my older brother at that school.
Aaanyway, this school was probably the most interesting high school I ever went to. And it had no uniform.  This is the school where I had friends who were stoners so they were the most chilled, laid back yet most ambitious people you could ever meet. So there was this chick in my group, right, her name was Jojo (N.B Names have been changed to protect the identity of those involved lool) and what I didn't know about her was that she, was actually a he. Remember, I was only 15 and I have never come across a cross-dresser my own age who literally lived the life of the opposite sex. So basically, everyone knew that she was a cross dresser.I didn't even know until my other mate told me and then I was like "Oh" but thinking so that explains it. Actually, no I wasn't cause I had no bloody idea.
So Jojo was this really loud, out there, skimpily dressed (hey, whatever floats yours bro), getting kicked out of classes, jewellery thieving, hair braiding, cigarette smoking dudette and a third of our memories I have with her are being slightly embarrassed in the background as she yells out to guys or cusses out 'those jealous Africans' (She clamed to be half Maori, half African). I didn't have a problem with her.
And Jojo was single. She was always asking me to hook her up with someone I knew and what not and I just laughed and said, "Yeah, whatever". I remember my parents called her my "sin friend" -___-
So cue my old primary school buddy named Johnny. Johnny is an awesome dude who is funny and adorable and a rugby player if you're into that sort of thing. And one day we were catching up and I asked him if he had a girlfriend (Yeah I don't beat around the bush... except in assignments) and he was like

"Naah. Why's that?"
"Oh, I have a friend.."
"Oh yeah, is she hawt?"
"She all that and more mah broski, naahmean?"
"Naaw, bro, whatchyu mean?"
"You want her digits?"
"Whatchyu thaank, girl"

I'm kidding, we didn't really speak like that haha but that's how it basically went down. So a week later, I get a call from him...

"Hey, Johnnie, what's up?"
"WHAT THE HELL, MAE!"
"Huh?"
"The girl you gave me the number is a dude. What the hell did you give me his number for?"
"Oh shii, how did you know?" hahaha what a thing to say, right?
"EVERYONE KNOWS YOU IDIOT!"
*nervous chuckle*

and that was when I realised that straight guys probably don't go for girls who are actually guys *slaps forehead*. Plus, he was a Christian.

Virtual Hugs!
DancingPotatotes


No comments:

Post a Comment